We are working with a brilliant scientific publisher based in London who are looking for their next Senior Editor to work on some fantastic research and learning products. In this role, you will be playing an important part in managing an editorial team and overseeing the production of high quality multimedia editorial content to facilitate the development and learning of medical professionals.
This role will be responsible for:
- Managing the commissioning, peer review and publication of editorial content, with a special focus on online learning resources
- Leading a small editorial team and overseeing the creation of a range of clinical content across multiple formats, including video and podcasts
- Utilising insights and user analytics to develop and commission new content and sponsored projects
- Working with the Production and Design teams to ensure the highest quality of content and style
- Helping with the promotion of published content on social media
This is an exciting role for an enthusiastic publishing professional with an interest in developing cutting edge clinical education content. We are looking for a team leader, who will be able to develop a successful editorial team, and for someone who is very familiar with the publishing process of scientific research, such as peer review, commissioning strategy, usage and citation metrics. Previous experience working with audio/video content would be great, together with some experience in or curiosity for developing learning resources for the healthcare sector.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.