Senior Editor (part-time contract)
Our client, an independent award-winning trade and educational publishing house based in London has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Editor with relevant publishing experience to join their Education team, working across a range of primary and early years materials that include illustrated home learning books, teacher resources and professional development titles. This is a part-time (3 days a week) fixed term contract role initially.
What you’ll be doing:
- working with the Editorial Director and Commissioning Editor to project manage projects across a broad range of educational titles, from teacher resources and professional development books to highly illustrated workbooks
- liaising with authors, freelancer editors, designers and in-house production
- project managing titles from commission to print and monitoring publishing schedules
- liaising with Sales, Publicity and Marketing departments
What you’ll have:
- established editorial experience within educational publishing
- excellent knowledge of the English language, high standards of accuracy and a keen eye for detail
- strong visual awareness
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- strong organizational skills and a rigorous, self-motivated approach to briefing, meeting deadlines and managing schedules and budgets.
Applications ASAP, please.
If that sounds like you, please get in touch with Claire Carrington-Smith at email@example.com.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.