Our client, a well-renowned not-for-profit scientific publisher, is looking for a skilled Senior Editorial Assistant to join their team and assist in the publication process of 2 quarterly journals. They publish incredible research in a range of fields, with a particular focus on child mental health issues, and everyone in the team is incredibly passionate about the their mission and importance of the content they publish.
This role can be largely home-based, with occasional meetings in Central London.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Supporting the editorial process including administration of Manuscript Central portal and journal sites
- Liaising with journal editors, authors and other contributors, including inviting referees and chasing/progress reporting
- Tracking all submissions, generating regular performance reports
- Updating the internal database
- Analysing data and generating findings reports
- Assist in the copyediting of manuscripts that have been accepted following peer review
- Assisting with the newsletter and social media
- General admin duties
The successful candidate will be a great team player, with excellent organisation and an interest in data. Someone with some experience working with scholarly journals (possibly in an administrative, editorial or production function) along with a familiarity with the online peer review process would be advantageous. You will share an interest in mental healthcare as well as excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.