Our client, a global STM publisher, is looking to recruit a Senior Journal Publishing Manager to join their Life Science journals team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a subject team comprising of editorial, marketing and production colleagues, in both local and global offices.
The Senior Journal Publishing Manager will be independently responsible for the strategic relationship management, as well as the financial and editorial development, of a portfolio of life science journals. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Supporting academic editors and ensuring that high-quality content is maintained
- Building strong client relationships, becoming a trusted advisor to society executives and journal editors
- Researching, agreeing and implementing ideas for developing content
- Overseeing and ensuring a smooth transition for newly acquired titles
- Responsibility for the financial performance of titles
- Contributing towards team and company targets for growing revenue and profit
- Enhancing the company’s reputation within the relevant subject communities
- Building and maintaining close working relationships with global subject colleagues
- Travelling both within the UK and overseas as necessary for attendance at conferences.
The successful candidate will have experience of fronting society, editor and editorial board meetings, and have knowledge of journal publishing processes and issues, along with an understanding of the commercial environment for journals. Relationship building and excellent written and oral communication skills are essential. Knowledge of or an interest in the discipline of earth science is desirable but is not essential and those from either STM or HSS backgrounds will be considered.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, performance-related bonus scheme, and strong benefits.
To apply for this position, click on the Apply Now button below or send your CV to email@example.com quoting the reference TP 321. For an initial, confidential discussion please call us on +44(0)1223632510.
Early applications are preferred.
Referral Scheme - Telfer Partners offer a referral reward if we fill this vacancy with someone you recommend. You can send contact details of anyone you want to recommend to firstname.lastname@example.org.