We have an amazing opportunity for an publishing sales enthusiast with a passion for commercial fiction to join a growing independent trade publisher as Senior Key Account Manager.
This is a publisher with huge potential, looking to take their print sales to a new level - we are looking for a sales candidate with experience in securing deals with leading UK trade accounts, who can bring existing connections with retailers, independent bookshops, supermarkets and wholesalers and proven expertise in finding new channels to market.
In this role you will be:
- Establishing and developing strong relationships with leading UK print retailers (such as Waterstones, WHSmith, travel accounts, supermarket chains, and independents)
- identifying new accounts to grow print sales, and with the support of the senior management team, negotiating discount and account terms
- Creating sales plans, strategies, projections and targets across assigned accounts
- Secure pre-orders for simultaneous ebook and print releases, to ensure a strong launch for key titles
- Creating backlist promotions based on range, category with and for key retail partners
The successful candidate with have good knowledge of the trade book market, and will possess a dynamic, can-do attitude. Ideally they will have experience of interest in commercial fiction and a proven track record of placing titles into bookshops and major promotions. Strong commercial nous is absolutely essential, as well as a collaborative and fast paced approach to sales and account management. This is a brand new role, created out of growth and it will be important for the successful candidate to come in and hit the ground running, whilst utilising existing connections. This is such an exciting time to be joining this innovative and successful publisher, and to be part of the team to push their books to become market leaders.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.