Inspired Selection has a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Production Controller to join a top UK Children Publisher based in London. You will be reporting into the Production Manager and be responsible for a varied list of children's titles. Key responsibilities include:
- Overseeing production of all books - new, reprint and specials
- Contribute towards new projects with production knowledge
- Negotiate with and manage key suppliers
- Ensure all products are compliant with Safety requirements
- Identify and resolve any problems as they arise
Key skills and experience required:
- Strong communication skills
- Good relationship building and management skills
- Experience in Production
- Experience working with novelty products
- Experience of safety testing requirements
- Experience in supplier management
- Numeracy skills and negotiating
- Very organised and fantastic at planning
You will ideally come from children's publishing and have safety testing (not essential) knowledge, a good understanding of supplier management and happy to deputise when the production manager is away. This is a fantastic opportunity for that next step in your career.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.