We have a fantastic opportunity for someone with Book Production experience to join a world leading Educational Publisher in Central London as a Senior Production Controller. The publisher offers flexible, hybrid working (with a weekly pattern of 3 days in London office, 2 days from home), an excellent salary, benefits and training and development opportunities.
As Senior Production Controller, you will join a busy, friendly and supportive team where your main remit will be to ensure cost-effective, timely and quality production of new titles and reprints across print and digital formats. Responsibilities include (amongst others):
- Be responsible for all production stages of title creation from pre-press to print-monitoring
- Maintain the production systems
- Use Biblio to raise estimates and print/purchase orders
- Attend meetings to discuss progress of projects, agree budgets, processes and schedule
- Carry out any necessary administration as part of the book production process
- Ensure the business quality standards are adhered to
- Keep aware of the latest technological developments in print, digital and pre-press
- Work closely with teams to ensure end to end process for digital products run smoothly, including trouble shooting and issue resolution
The Senior Production Controller role will be an excellent opportunity for someone with existing Production experience in a print and/or digital publishing setting looking for a step up. You will have good technical knowledge of print and how books are made, as well as knowledge of digital publishing, products, and platforms. The successful candidate for this role will have excellent organisation, planning and time management skills. Do get in touch to find out more about this exciting opportunity to join a leading global publisher!
Closing date: 3rd August 2022 (early applications may be prioritised)
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.