Are you looking for a new production role with more responsibility and the opportunity to step up from your current production role? We have a fabulous new senior production controller role with a highly successful educational publisher. This exciting new position will be responsible for the production of frontlist and reprint titles, whilst also working with other departments such as Design, editorial, picture research etc. and external suppliers. Our client is offering a hybrid working arrangement.
Some of the core responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for all the production stages of title creation, from pre-press to print-monitoring, creating schedules through Biblio 3
- Maintain the production systems
- Attend progress meetings to discuss projects, budgets and schedules
- Lead run throughs with the Content team for frontlist titles, managing and owning the progress titles
- Carrying out any relevant admin, including checking and approving invoices
We are looking for an experienced book production professional with experience of four-colour book production and a solid working knowledge of the book production process. You will have great negotiating skills along with knowledge of digital publishing products and platforms and budget management. A knowledge of Biblio and ePub would be desirable but is not essential as training will be given.
This role would suit an experienced Production Controller who is looking for the next step, or someone who has experience in a printing environment.
For further information, please send your CV and a short cover note.