SENIOR PRODUCTION CONTROLLER, Children’s Division
We are looking for an experienced Senior Production Controller to join our Children’s Division, which publishes a range of fiction, non-fiction, picture book and novelty titles.
Reporting to the Head of Production, the Senior Production Controller will be responsible for overseeing the full production process for front-list illustrated and mono titles, working across various global markets. Key tasks will include:
- Managing costs and schedules
- Preparing titles for print and digital editions
- Product development and print buying
- Working closely with our in-house Editorial, Design, and Sales and Marketing departments, and with external suppliers (onshore and offshore) to ensure that all projects are produced on schedule, to high quality standards and within controlled budgets
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- a minimum of four years’ relevant trade production experience, mono and colour, ideally in Children’s publishing (print purchasing essential)
- a detailed knowledge of the production life cycle, from delivery of raw MS to print purchasing and beyond
- experience working on novelty products, and familiarity with safety testing requirements (desirable)
- excellent organisational and time-management skills
- a keen eye for detail (copy-editing and proof-reading skills are desirable) and a good head for numbers
- IT skills (knowledge of Office is essential and familiarity with Biblio 3 and Adobe products desirable)
- knowledge of XML-first workflows (desirable but not essential)
This role is a full-time permanent position, based at Bloomsbury Publishing Plc, 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP.
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter, outlining how you meet the requirements outlined above and your salary expectations and notice period to: email@example.com.
Please note in the subject line: ‘Senior Production Controller BS1908’.
The closing date for this role is 19th August 2018.