A market leading educational publishing company based in Ireland is looking to recruit an experienced and highly motivated Senior Project Editor, to manage and co-ordinate the development of content and the delivery of print and digital programmes.
Reporting to the Senior Commissioning Editor, this role will ensure that all functions involved during the lifecycle of a programme will work efficiently and effectively.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assessing the extent of editorial input
- Agree timing and budget required to carry out the work with the external vendor
- Take responsibility for schedules for each element of the programme
- Edit and style sample chapters
- Create prelims and end matter for titles as required
- Edit and proofread marketing material, blurbs and covers as required
- Responsibility for the editorial quality of print and digital content
- Responsibility for the parts of the schedule relating to editorial
- Manage author relationships and act as the critical point of contact during production of their titles.
The Senior Project Editor will have the ability to work independently and manage their own workload efficiently. You will be able to work to tight deadlines and have the ability to judge when intervention is required in an otherwise externally managed project.
The successful person will have proven experience of working in an editorial role with highly illustrated, complex design books and integrated programmes. You will have a high level knowledge of print and digital processes and how editorial decisions relate to them. A firm ability to structurally edit, copy-edit and proofread is essential, as is a meticulous attention to detail and solid organizational skills.
For further details of this highly interesting and varied editorial role please send your CV with a covering note outlining your interest in the role and your salary expectations.