We have a fabulous new role working with one of Ireland’s leading educational publishing organizations. Based in Dublin, as Senior Project Editor you will manage and co-ordinate the development of content and the delivery of print and digital programmes. This is a crucial role in ensuring that all functions involved during the lifecycle of a programme work efficiently.
Reporting to the Head of Primary, some of the key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Assessing the extent of editorial input
- Agree the time and budget needed to carry out the work with external vendor
- Work with all teams involved in product design, development and promotion
- Work with PM to be responsible for the schedule for each element of the programme
- Edit and style sample chapters and agree with Design on the level of styling required
- Compile artwork and photograph briefs and create prelims and end matter for titles as required: write cover blurbs and edit, proofread marketing material, blurbs and covers
- Manage author relationship and act as critical point of contact during production of their titles
- Contract, brief and manage editors, proof readers, photo researchers and other team members
We are looking for an ambitious and highly motivated individual who has demonstrable experience of working in an editorial role, ideally within educational publishing and a knowledge of the education market. You will have strong knowledge of print and digital processes and how editorial decisions relate to this and you will have experience in highly illustrated, complex design books and integrated programmes. An ability to structurally edit, copy-edit and proofread is essential as is strong attention to detail and great communication and organization skills.
If you are looking for a new role within educational publishing where you can have more autonomy, this could be the next interesting and varied role for you. For further information, please forward your CV and a short cover note outlining your interest and salary expectations.