A market-leading educational publishing company based in Dublin wishes to recruit an experienced and highly motivated Editor to manage their own programmes within an expanding list. This is a new position due to the company’s ongoing success. Working on primary and post-primary programmes for the Irish market, the Senior Project Editor will manage author relationships and their own workload efficiently and independently.
The Editor will liaise with the copy editors, proof-readers, designers, illustrators, subject matter experts, developers and junior members of staff associated with their projects. Working on highly-designed titles complete with complex illustrations and diagrams, the Editor will be responsible for providing frequent updates on progress, identifying risks and suggesting solutions.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Editor looking for their next challenge within educational publishing, more responsibility and the opportunity to develop within a dynamic, growing team.
The successful person will have:
- Degree level education or equivalent
- Proven relevant editorial experience within publishing, ideally within educational publishing, although candidates with relevant experience from other areas of publishing will be considered
- A genuine interest in education
- Strong editorial skills with the ability to recognise and develop clear, concise, well-written and grammatically correct material
- Solid project management experience within an editorial environment
- An interest in design, digital learning experiences and multimedia
- Excellent IT skills (particularly MS Office and Word)
Experience of managing blended and digital programmes would be an advantage and knowledge of the Irish language would also be an advantage, though not essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the editorial team of a forward-thinking and highly successful organisation. For more detailed information, please forward your CV and a short cover note, outlining your interest and salary expectations.