We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to join a highly successful international Education / EdTech publishing company. Our client is based in Scotland - commutable from Glasgow and Edinburgh, but this role can be conducted remotely (with regular visits to the Glasgow office) or hybrid, and offers an excellent salary and benefits.
The main remit of the Senior Project Manager is to project manage a number of complex publishing projects, from inception through to handover to business, ensuring the smooth delivery of innovative and creative education products and services, within agreed time, quality and budget. Responsibilities will include (amongst others):
- Engage with key stakeholders to identify project objectives and key products to be
- Develop project specifications, agree project plan baseline including scope, key activities,
deliverables, resource requirements, milestones, and deadlines.
- Utilise project plans and schedules to monitor all activities.
- Manage relationships amongst stakeholders by building confidence and trust with clear
professional communication and assured expectation management.
- Ensure team members are informed, have clear goals, and work collaboratively and in
partnership with stakeholders to achieve planned outcomes.
- Drive project execution; track delivery; expect, monitor and control change, own change
management; pro-actively seek and resolve blockers.
- Record information accurately and consistently using appropriate systems and provide and
communicate timely information to relevant parties.
- Manage projects within agreed governance structures and processes, to ensure
consistency of approach and efficient use of resources.
- Conduct reviews to assess project outcomes and to identify and capture lessons learned to
enable continuous improvement. Contribute to the provision of documentation for new or
improved processes, products and services and to ensure that good practice is disseminated
throughout the organisation.
The ideal Senior Project Manager will have a strong track record of successfully managing and delivering multi-component projects, combined with knowledge of/experience in the publishing, educational publishing or education technology (EdTech) sphere; experience using a range of project management tools and techniques, including agile and lean as well as experience of working within an international organisation would be desirable but not essential. With excellent relationship management skills and top-notch communication the Senior Project Manager will play a pivotal role in driving solutions and helping to ensure the continuing success of this leading international EdTech company.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.