A brilliant new Rights Sales role has arisen in the ELT division of a leading global publisher who are seeking a Senior Rights Sales Executive to join their supportive and friendly team! This role offers an excellent salary and benefits package, as well as remote or hybrid working, with the successful candidate being able to ideally visit the company's Oxford office c. once every two weeks, or as required, depending on where they are based in the UK.
The Senior Rights Sales Executive will play a pivotal role in achieving revenue growth through seeking out and developing new Licensing and Rights Sales opportunities. Your main remit will be to generate new business opportunities of the prestigious ELT print and digital content portfolio, working across a range of international territories scoping the market and establishing fruitful partnerships with organisations of all shapes and sizes. As the Senior Rights Sales Executive you will have the opportunity to:
- Identify, prioritise and engage with licensing prospects.
- Take responsibility for assigned existing leads and relationships as well as develop a pipeline of new business.
- Engage in effective deal-making with licensing partners.
- Coordinate communication between partners and internal team members in order to ensure that licensees make best use of the content.
- Sustain and develop relationships with business partners through regular engagement.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of the ELT content offering.
- Keep abreast of developments and opportunities in the licensing market, as well as competitor activity, through travelling to markets and customers and attending relevant fairs and conferences as required (c. 1 trip per quarter).
This is a varied and exciting role that will suit a Rights Sales or Licensing professional, ideally with a background in the publishing space or a related sector. You will be very commercially minded with the ability to prioritise business opportunities, and have a great entrepreneurial mindset. Good communication skills will be imperative, and negotiation skills will also be key. Knowledge of copyright law or contracts would be highly beneficial. To find out more about this fantastic new role, get in touch ASAP.
Closing date for applications: 30th November 2021 (early applications may be prioritised).
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.