Senior Rights Manager, Children’s division, S&S UK
Closing date: 31st January 2022
Company: Simon & Schuster UK
Location: London (Central)
Salary Description: Competitive & Benefits
Reference: S&S RA
Simon & Schuster Children’s Books is one of the leading children’s publishers in the UK, dedicated to immersing children of all ages in diverse and creative reading experiences, encouraging a lifelong love of reading. Founded in 1998, it has a record of continuously strong sales, prestigious awards, and numerous high quality and bestselling titles and series. Bestselling and award-recognised authors and illustrators on the list include Sue Hendra and Paul Linnet, Ben Miller, Adam Silvera, Benji Davies, Michelle Harrison, Smriti Halls and Steve Small, Nadia Shireen, Lu Fraser and Kate Hindley, Katie and Kevin Tsang and Benjamin Dean.
We have an exciting vacancy for a Senior Rights Manager to join our fast-paced and dynamic team. Reporting to the Group Rights Director, the Senior Rights Manager will be responsible for selling foreign rights in specified territories for the Children’s list (picture books, fiction, novelties and non-fiction). The Senior Rights Manager will play an important role in the rights team and the children rights division.
- To be responsible for selling co-editions and rights in specified territories and managing relationships with customers.
- To maximise sales in each territory, always looking to expand our customer base and explore new sales channels.
- To work closely with Editorial & Design to feedback customer requirement
- To liaise with colleagues in Production, Marketing & Publicity and Finance departments
- To attend (& organise) Book Fairs and Sales trips as required
- Managing responsibilities for the Rights Coordinator
- A proven track record in foreign rights sales, with previous experience of negotiations of co-editions and rights deals within children’s publishing
- Good international industry contacts
- In-depth customer knowledge and an understanding of international market trends
- A great team player with plenty of self-initiative and excellent communication skills
- The role will involve international travel, and applicants should ideally speak another language.
Please note, early applications will be prioritised.
Please apply by following the link to https://careers.viacomcbs.com/job-invite/10355/ attaching your CV and covering letter with details of your current salary and expectations.
Simon & Schuster UK is an equal opportunities employer committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse workforce. We welcome applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.