Editorial Team Lead
StoryTerrace is a fast growing, London headquartered consumer-tech scale-up with 40+ employees and a pool of over 600 vetted freelancers in Europe and the United States. The company’s vision is to create a world in which every life story is captured in a meaningful way.
Its core service - to turn a life story into a book using its proprietary technology platform and a global network of ghostwriters - is growing over 100% YoY. StoryTerrace is the leader in this emerging new product category.
We are looking for a process and target driven leader with significant project management experience to join our London based team. In this role, you will line-manage our UK editorial team that is responsible for delivering book projects. In liaison with our Writer Manager, you will also oversee a pool of over 200 freelance writers, and will work closely with our UK sales team. You will report to our Editorial Director.
You will be responsible for a team delivering 100s of beautiful book projects from point of sale through to printing whilst maintaining an excellent customer satisfaction rate. In this role, you will:
- Recruit, train and manage the UK editorial team and so that both individual and team’s production targets are met
- Intelligently match clients with freelance writers, recruit new writers to our pool on an ongoing basis - in liaison with the writer manager
- Spearhead the growth of the UK Editorial team in 2021 and contribute to an ambitious, sustainable, and inclusive company culture
- Work with our sales team to produce costings for bespoke projects and respond to specific writer requests in order to win sales
- Work closely with our VP of Product on the development and improvement of our production platform
- Collaborate with our Editorial Director on operational initiatives; proactively review and iterate on our book production processes to ensure the optimal efficiency
- At least 2 years of experience in a team leader/ manager role with a track record of meeting targets
- Experience in managing editorial, content production, or project management teams
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Commercially and output-driven
- Exceptional customer relationship skills
- Infinite learner mindset
- A passion for people’s stories!
- Salary £33 - 35k + OTE bonus of up to 10%
- 25 days holidays + bank holidays
- Pension (4% + 4%)
- Room for WFH/ flexibility around hours
- An exciting environment with a focus on personal development
- Strong sense of team and mission
Come and join our ambitious plans, create your own career story at StoryTerrace!
At StoryTerrace we value empathy, collaboration, trust, innovation and we are purpose driven. We value diversity and we encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries as we are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities.
This job post describes our ideal candidate. If you feel you are not yet experienced enough but believe you still might make a great match, we would like to encourage you to send in your resume and cover letter. If you are excited about this opportunity and feel intrigued by our values, then we would like to get to know you!