Our client, one of the world’s largest and most successful providers of reference and learning content for technical and business topics, is seeking a Strategic Accounts Manager to join their Conference Sales Team and take sponsorship to the next level. Reporting to the Director of Sales in the US, you will be responsible for helping to grow the rapidly accelerating EU markets around Big Data, AI and Web Performance conferences. The main responsibilities include:
- Identifying and approaching potential sponsors in the EMEA
- Offering customised sponsorship benefits packages
- Generating conference sponsorship and exhibition sales to meet and exceed targets
- Developing strategic relationships in EMEA with prospective sponsors
- Developing sales plans for each EMEA event
- Developing sales prospectus and marketing materials for each EMEA event
- Managing exhibition hall space, sponsor events, and sponsorship relationships onsite
- Providing management with EMEA pipeline reports and forecasts in a timely manner
- Acting as a marketing liaison for potential EMEA partners and attendee opportunities.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in successfully closing sales and demonstrable knowledge of sponsorship programmes and standards with at least 3 years’ experience in sales, preferably working with large technology accounts. You will have excellent communication, presentation and organisational skills, a working experience of Salesforce CRM or other similar web based sales tools. An excellent knowledge of high-technology markets and an ability to manage revenue and cost targets as well as plan for long range sponsor marketing will be required.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, commission scheme, and strong benefits.
To apply for this position, click on the Apply Now button below or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference TP 295. For an initial, confidential discussion please call us on +44(0)1223632510.
Early applications are preferred.
Referral Scheme - Telfer Partners offer a referral reward if we fill this vacancy with someone you recommend. You can send contact details of anyone you want to recommend to email@example.com.