A new exciting role has come up in the publishing team of a lovely scientific society in Cambridge! They are hiring for a Strategic Programme Manager to coordinate the publishing programme and develop a roadmap for future publishing strategies.
This role requires solid experience of project and programme management, roadmap development, and stakeholder management. Although based in Cambridge, this client offers hybrid and fully remote working arrangements.
Reporting to the Director of Publishing, you will be responsible for:
- Managing the delivery roadmap of the publishing strategy
- Coordinating projects interdependencies
- Working closely with associated publishing groups in the decision making process
- Managing the programme, including controlling schedules, risks, costs and establishing quality standards and desired outcomes
- Defining programme benefits and reporting them to relevant governance and boards
- Designing and monitoring programme plans, taking care to escalate issues and troubleshoot as required
The successful candidate will demonstrate significant knowledge of managing programmes, working across multiple projects and following appropriate project management methodologies. You should be confident managing senior stakeholders as well as budgets, and be able to understand the specific needs of a society's audience and governance.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.