Could you be responsible for piloting and facilitating solutions for sustainable conferencing for this not-for-profit scientific publisher based in Cambridge?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sustainable Conferencing & Communications Officer, who will focus on working with colleagues and the scientific community to develop and share best practice for sustainable/remote conferencing. This position will be a hybrid working role with 50% of the week working from the company’s Cambridge offices and 50% working from home.
- Research emerging technologies for remote delivery of talks and posters, networking and discussion groups, and interconnected hub conference designs
- Manage the initiative’s Twitter account, creating tweets and engaging with the audience
- Critically evaluate the success of projects
- Encourage and develop external collaborations
- Collaborate with marketing, raising the profile of the Sustainable Conferencing initiative
- Provide advice and guidance on sustainability best practice to colleagues
- Manage auditing processes for statutory reporting on Scope 1 and Scope 2
- Support and lead specific sustainability projects as directed.
You are likely to have a science degree, or an environmental degree, and will be familiar with the technical aspects and challenges of remote conferencing. Your knowledge, and indeed passion for sustainability will need to be evident as will your professionalism in working and liaising with others at all levels. You will need to have excellent and proactive communications skills as well as first class project management skills.
If you have the necessary skills to fulfil this exciting position and would like further details, please send your CV outlining your salary expectations.