Head of Marketing (Children’s Books)
Sweet Cherry Publishing is an award-winning independent book publisher based in the Midlands and we invite you to join our mission to make books accessible and affordable for all children.
Do you love books? Are you keen to get more people reading? Do you have a passion
for leadership and management?
We’re looking for a Head of Marketing to lead our marketing strategy and increase our brand reach across the globe.
You’ll get to work collaboratively with an inclusive, fun and creative team of passionate publishers and storytellers to market our growing list of children’s books. You’ll also work closely with the sales team to support our yearly targets, brand growth and sales strategy. The role also comes with opportunities to visit major trade and consumer exhibitions, work with major brands and receive 1-to-1 support from a business coach.
- Working with the MD, Publisher and Senior Leadership Team to devise B2C and B2B sales strategies to raise awareness of Sweet Cherry’s brand, books, authors and illustrators
- Maximising exposure of Sweet Cherry Publishing titles in keys markets
- Leading creative marketing and publicity strategies to increase the reach of our products, partners and brands
- Leading digital communication strategies across social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Linkedin) and digital channels (MailChimp and WordPress)
- Leading both print and digital advertising campaigns (Google, Facebook, Amazon) and monitoring ROI
- Leading event strategies for book launches, festivals and conferences
- Managing relationships with B2B marketing accounts and advertising partners
- Managing an annual marketing budget to increase reach and maximise sales
- Confidently delivering marketing plans to key internal and external stakeholders
- Working closely with style guides to create design briefs for printed and digital marketing material
- To act, where appropriate, as an ambassador for the company, presenting new titles and marketing plans at sales, retail and library conferences and promoting products to consumers
Key Skills and Experience:
- At least 8 years experience working in marketing and management
- Proven experience in devising and implementing communication strategies for brand growth
- Experience with digital marketing (incl. Google Analytics, Meta for Business, keyword research etc)
- Experience in trade publishing, preferably in children’s books
- Understanding of the different audiences in children’s publishing
- Understanding of the children’s media industry
- Energy and passion to drive the business forward
- Excellent IT skills and experience quickly learning new software
- Impeccable executive level verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to drive a culture of innovation and continuous improvement
- Flexible working hours
- Training and development
- 1-to-1 sessions with a business coach
- Out-of-office days for meetings and events
- Staff purchases at cost price
Hours: Full-time: 40 hours per week - Monday to Friday
Core office hours: 9.30am to 4.30pm
30-60 minute lunch break (unpaid)
Salary: negotiable, depending on experience
If you would like to be part of our fun, diverse and award-winning publishing team,
please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Head of Marketing’.
Sweet Cherry champions diversity and inclusivity in publishing careers. We welcome job
applications from people with diverse professional backgrounds and life experiences.
Our recruitment process is free from discrimination, including based on race, ethnicity,
age, religion, gender and sexuality.