Operations Manager (Publishing)
Reports to: Publisher
Sweet Cherry Publishing is an independent children’s publisher based in Leicester. We are now looking for a full-time Operations Manager to join our team.
This role would suit someone with 2+ years experience working in an operations role or similar.
This role comprises two key parts:
- scheduling and maintaining internal processes
- managing Sweet Cherry’s relationship with its distributors and direct deliveries for the UK & export customers.
You will be responsible for managing all aspects of the supply chain & coordination of customer compliance requirements.
As an operations manager, you are the glue that holds all of the departments together, making sure everything runs smoothly and on time! This role would suit someone with previous management experiences you will be managing one direct report.
The successful applicant will need to be a strong communicator as they will be working with all departments – editorial, production, rights, marketing, sales and IT.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven track record of implementing and managing change in business processes
- A good understanding of Adobe including Indesign and scheduling software
- Strong communication, organisational and time management skills
- The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of logistics, supply chain or stock control, or have a background in inventory or sales
- Proficiency in all G Suite programs
- Working closely with the Managing Editor, Art Director, Sales Director and Publisher to make sure that all internal schedules are uploaded to the schedule management software and adhered to
- Running weekly production meetings - ensuring that all delays are communicated to relevant teams and reschedule the delays which have been agreed by Art Director/Managing Editor
- Managing Sweet Cherry’s relationship with its distributors and direct deliveries for the UK & export customers.
- Line manage the sales order processor to ensure that all administrative support tasks for the sales team are complete to a sufficient standard.
- Managing & checking stock levels and ensuring reprints are ordered with the production controller
- Ensuring all new titles are added to Stison & Inflow with correct schedules, information and images
- Communicating printer deliveries with the warehouse & operations manager
Sweet Cherry Publishing is an independent children’s book publisher based in Leicester. We are a small team with a big mission! We believe that all children should have access to great stories and endeavour to break down the barriers which often get in the way of reading. We are proud of our Leicester heritage and work very closely with the local community to increase literacy rates and promote reading for pleasure. We are a positive & fun team with kindness, success and collaboration at the core of our values. We are proud to represent our authors and are passionate about sharing engaging stories with children of all abilities and backgrounds.
Company Mission Statement:
Bringing great stories within everyone’s reach
Kindness, fun, positivity, collaboration, helping society
What We Offer:
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays
- Free tea, coffee and a lot of snacks!
- Monthly team activity
- Free onsite parking
- Workplace pension
40hrs/week (flexible); Monday – Friday
Plus a 30 or 60 minute lunch break (unpaid)
Core office hours: 08:00 - 16:30
Leicester - Head office
Work from home/remote working during COVID-19 only. You will be required to work from our Leicester office once the government guidelines allow.
£22,000-£26,000 (Based on experience)
Deadline for applications:
3rd November 2020
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line ‘OPERATIONS MANAGER’