Head of Sales & Marketing
Department: Sales and Marketing
Number of Direct Reports: 5
Reports to: Publisher/Managing Director, Member of Senior Management Team
Based: Head Office, Units 1-4 Tolwell Road, Leicester LE4 1BR
The Role: Sweet Cherry are looking for an experienced and dynamic Head of Sales and Marketing to join our growing sales team. The role will require building strategies and driving forward marketing plans. This team member will also manage both the marketing and the sales staff and will perform managerial duties to meet the company’s operations goals.
Direct reports will have responsibilities to service UK high street retailers and trade accounts domestic sales, rights sales and export sales. The role requires managing and developing strategies for these roles and continue to build strong relationships within export and rights territories. They will be working closely with a number of international distribution partners and agents.
The ideal candidate will have experience in selling B2B and B2C accounts and will be looking to build their career developing key sales and marketing strategies across a growing list. They will be a strong negotiator with a proven track record growing accounts and providing sales forecasts.
The ideal candidate will have marketing and management experience. You will be working with the Managing Editor, Art Director and Operations Manager to devise key title strategies and creative brainstorming, to grow our list.
Head of Sales and Marketing will work closely with the Publisher/Managing Director to analyse the sales and marketing data and feedback market requests to the team. You will be selling across a variety of products from novelty formats, gift and trade fiction.
This role would suit a self-starter who can hit the ground running.
Sweet Cherry is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and
equitable workplace. We welcome job applications from people with
diverse backgrounds and experience.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Excellent sales and presentation skills (both in person and online)
- Good organizational and management ability
- Curious about new opportunities and confident in “thinking outside the box”
- Experience in a publishing sales environment
- Ability to prioritise key tasks
The ideal candidate will have existing relationships with major retailers.
An ideal candidate must also have:
- At least 5 years experience in Sales/Marketing
- Knowledge of a variety of different types of sales accounts
- Solid hands-on marketing experience is needed, ideally within children’s/educational/academic publishing
- Experience using CMS, Google Analytics, working with CRM
- Excellent communication and copywriting skills
- Collaborative approach to work, and the ability to work independently
- The ability to forecast sales, analyse sales data and to provide helpful market feedback to the publishing team
- A valid UK driving license and car, and be able to visit key accounts as and when required
- Strong research, negotiation and communication skills
- A willingness to drive business forward
- A positive, can-do attitude, willingness to learn and the ability to work from your own initiative
- Drive, energy and a passion for books
- Flexible and adaptable
- A sense of fun!
Sweet Cherry Publishing is an independent children’s book publisher based in Leicester.
We are a small team with a big mission! We believe that all children should have access to great stories and endeavour to break down the barriers which often get in the way of reading.
We are proud of our Leicester heritage and work very closely with the local community to increase literacy rates and promote reading for pleasure.
We are a positive and fun team with kindness, success and collaboration at the core of our values.
We are proud to represent our authors and are passionate about sharing engaging stories with children of all abilities and backgrounds.
Company Mission Statement:
Bringing great stories within everyone’s reach
Kindness, fun, positivity, collaboration, helping society
Company Mission Statement:
Bringing great stories within everyone’s reach.
Kindness, Fun, Positivity, Collaboration, Helping Society
What we offer:
- Free onsite parking
- Workplace pension
Working Hours: 40 hours a week (flexible).
Monday – Friday, 8 hours a day.
Core office hours: 9.30am-4.30pm.
Holiday: 20 days plus bank holidays
Salary: TBC depending on experience
To apply please send you CV and cover letter with your current salary, expected salary, notice period (if applicable) to email@example.com