A leader in international educational publishing with teacher training programmes for all school subject areas, and at all levels, is seeking a Teacher Training Manager (International) to develop and manage the international teacher training programme delivered online and (when possible) face-to-face. Our client offers an attractive salary and benefits package, alongside the opportunity to build a long lasting career with a world renowned international educational publisher. This role of Teacher Training Manager can either be based from the client's London office (when possible) or remotely from home.
Reporting to the International Sales Director the main remit of the International Teacher Training Manager will be to work with the Directors to develop an industry leading teaching training strategy, developing and co-ordinating the annual training programme built around the publishing programme. International travel will be required (estimate 4-6 weeks per annum when safe to travel). Specifically, responsibilities include:
- Managing a pool of trainers (including authors) in the UK and abroad
- Working with the sales, marketing and publishing teams in planning physical and online events
- Working with the sales team after events to follow up on sales opportunities
- Regular liaison with the Publishing Director on the future publishing programme
- Build relationships with overseas distributors and sales agents
- Develop and manage the annual budget for the agreed training programme
- Develop strong product knowledge across the print and digital publishing lists
- Take responsibility for the training of new trainers
- Work closely with the various International qualification and curriculum boards
This is a varied and rewarding role that would suit an organised and highly motivated team player with experience or knowledge of classroom teaching and/or delivering successful teacher training programmes, both physically and online. The ideal candidate will have strong motivational and people management skills, and be a confident communicator and decision maker. Familiarity of International curricula would be desirable but is not essential.
To find out more about this fantastic new role, get in touch ASAP!
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.