Our client is a leading global publisher of technical learning content for the software market and they are looking to recruit an experienced and talented Technical Editor to join their team. This role will involve working on high-value titles and creating material for a global market. The Technical Editor will work closely with authors to develop expert-guided and high-quality books on new and emerging technologies. This is a remote position.
Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Driving product improvements to obtain better commercial results for authors
- Engaging in technical discussions with authors and delivering editorial and technical feedback.
- Researching previously-published titles and determining how best to improve them
- Helping authors create engaging material, analysing and incorporating appropriate peer-review feedback.
- Meeting production deadlines, managing a title pipeline and contributing towards product vision.
The successful person will have some proven experience, ideally from a similar background, working with computer science or technical content. You will be a confident writer and editor who is comfortable working with technical material, possessing a strong eye for information structure. A demonstrable interest in technology and a willingness to learn about key concepts and topic areas is essential.
This is a remote position and can be based in the UK or on a more global level. The company offers an attractive salary and excellent company benefits.
For further information, please send your CV and salary expectations.