Calling all TEMPS - How would you like to match books with the perfect voices to narrate them?
A leading supplier of Audiobooks and Digital Services is looking for a Temp Casting Assistant to help with the casting of their books, including recommending and casting suitable actors and narrators.
This is an amazing new opportunity for a sociable and well-organized candidate, looking to build a network of professional contacts and assist with the recording of audiobooks within the French market.
Key responsibilities include:
- Chasing manuscripts to ensure delivery on time for recording
- Monitoring progress of scripts with licensors and informing studio team if delays ensue
- Assessing manuscripts for casting actors (including length, skills needed)
- Suggesting available actors for the casting team/editors
- Booking actors and liaising to ensure home studio actors deliver to deadline and have any support needed (including sending of contracts from templates)
- Obtaining Author /Licensor approval of casting choices
- General studio admin and support
- Converse in French for French Translation
The ideal candidate will have excellent coordination and communication skills within, as well as strong interpersonal skills, and will be able to develop relationships with actors and other professionals. They will be able to assess the books fairly quickly and adopt a consultative approach when advising about casting decisions. This role requires good French language skills and candidates will need to be able to hold full conversations and understand French manuscripts.
This role can be fully remote.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.