A trade publisher is looking for a Production Controller with strong four colour book production experience to join them in their London Offices. This is a temp role starting the beginning of March for 2 months with possible extensions.
- Co-ordinate the production of allocated reprint, co-edition and new titles
- Build book production schedules around the manufacture and delivery of titles
- Control the external scheduling of product manufacture and delivery
- Construct detailed and accurate book specifications
- Ensure the final products are delivered to the highest quality standards
- Work closely with Editorial, Design and Sales colleagues as well as external suppliers
- Manage all costs effectively
- Communicate production status at weekly meetings
Experience / skills required:
- Solid 4 colour, mono and co editions book production experience
- Knowledge of Repro, Print and binding process as well as materials and finishes
- Experience working with overseas repro and print suppliers and maintaining excellent working relationships
- Numerate with an excellent eye for detail
- Good time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook/Entourage and Excel and experience using a Mac is essential
- Experience of Biblio
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations ASAP to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Alison Redfearn
Tel: 0203 574 4421
Atwood Tate acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent and contract vacancies and an Employment Business for interim and temporary recruitment.
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.