Our client based in the west of London, is looking to hire a temp Content Editor to join its content solutions team ASAP on a 2 month basis. The Temporary content editor is a role that offers real diversity and variety, where you will be providing quality editorial service (copyediting, proofreading, content analysis) on content for a range of digitally powered products.
The Content Editors will work with XML Content Developers, Production and other teams within Content Solutions so strong editing and communication skills are at the heart of this role. This position is perfect for an editor ready to take the next steps in their career.
· To be successful in this role you'll have strong editorial and publishing skills preferably gained in an STM environment, a thorough knowledge of drafting and editing rules and some experience of working with XML.
· You will also need excellent communication skills both written and verbal, along with first class editing skills.
· You will be able to demonstrable knowledge and experience of XML and have solid experience of content preparation, preferably Scientific, Technical, Medical (STM) content.
· Experience working with online content workflow tools [to support the delivery of content] is essential.
· Proven ability to engage successfully with cross-functional stakeholders, ability to build trust-based relationships and an analytical thinker.
· Use of Oxygen XML Editor or similar at ideally degree level or equivalent body of content publishing experience.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
**Inspired Selection operates an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link (http://www.btbs.org/) to check eligibility and further support.