We are working with a small award-winning academic publisher of highly illustrated History and Archaeology titles who are looking for some immediate production support on a part-time basis.
They would like to appoint a Temporary Production Editor for 1 day a week, with hours distributed throughout the week based on project needs, although they anticipate the required hours will increase over time and that this could potentially evolve into a part-time permanent role.
They are based in Oxford but are happy to consider candidates based remotely. The role will now look to start immediately!
This role will be responsible for managing the print and digital production process of their books,
from handover of manuscript through to final print, while liaising with authors and vendors and ensuring high-quality standards are met at every stage.
- Coordinate the workflow of accepted content through to agreed publication deadlines using production tracking and content management systems as appropriate
- Communicate with authors and manage authors corrections
- Quality check content prior to publication, ensuring content is approved by stakeholders
- Manage files for conversion to digital
- Coordinate cover design, typesetting and other book production activities
- Provide advice to other teams and vendors on house style
- Identify quality issues, take appropriate action and feedback to the relevant teams to support improvement in the quality of content and service provided by vendors
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in book production and be able to take manuscript through both print and digital production workflows, and coordinate entire production cycle with minimal supervision. They should have a good understanding of typesetting and file conversion techniques, and be able to communicate efficiently with colleagues, authors, printers, and other vendors.
Inspired Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.