Agents’ Assistant Full-Time (Fixed Term 18-month Maternity Cover)
Reports to: Agent and Senior Agent
The Agency represents all manner of writers and directors working in drama across film, television and theatre, as well as children’s authors and illustrators in its bespoke children’s literary department.
The children’s book department’s clients span the range from YA novels such as Malorie Blackman's Noughts & Crosses, classic fiction including Paddington Bear by Michael Bond, and picture books with illustrators such as Lydia Monks and Guy Parker-Rees.
This full-time job is to provide support to the children’s literary department with a start date of Monday 3 October 2022.
We welcome applications from those with and without publishing experience.
The successful candidate will be a passionate reader of children’s books who has a proven ability to get things done.
- To assist and support the existing team: Hilary Delamere and Jessica Hare
- Invoicing and tracking payments
- Organising contracts for signing and entering into RMS system; filing on Halogen
- Liaising with clients on a day-to-day basis
- Using Wordpress to post news articles and update client pages on our website
- Using Adobe InDesign to create client portfolios
- Keeping our publication schedule up to date with upcoming books
- Recording subsidiary rights sales and digitizing international editions’ covers
- Handling permission requests and drawing up licence paperwork
- Managing our social media platforms on Instagram and Twitter (@TallChildrens)
- Reading and reporting on clients' manuscripts
- Managing our unsolicited submissions
We are offering a salary of £29,250 PA.
We welcome applications from candidates who demonstrate the following:
- A passion for children’s books
- Exceptional administration and organisational skills
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good with managing systems, apps and software and learning new ones
- The ability to prioritise well and multi-task with attention to detail
- Someone who takes the initiative, wants to learn and is keen to get the most out of any new opportunity
We are an equal opportunities employer and are keen to encourage applications from individuals from under-represented groups.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please email Jessica Hare firstname.lastname@example.org with Agents’ Assistant Full-Time in the subject line and include your CV and a covering letter explaining why you want the job, how your skills and experience are well matched to it and two favourite children’s books you have enjoyed and why.
Application deadline: 23:59 21 August 2022