Book Festival Manager / Devon & Exeter
Let’s Get Reading!
Working in partnership with The Old Possum's Trust, The Bookery have an exciting opportunity for a self-starter to work with an advisory group to rebrand Exeter Literary Festival, shaping a series of book events and activities to celebrate reading for pleasure in the area.
The successful applicant will lead on to the development and delivery of a programme of high-quality events and creative activities in communities and as part of The Bookery Outreach Programme.
The position is offered initially on a fixed term 3-year freelance contract 0.5 FTE with intense periods of activity during key festival dates (to be arranged with the successful applicant).
Responsibilities will include
- Programming & event management
- General administration including promotion, marketing and box office operations
- Development and management of fundraising and sponsorship
- Maintaining stakeholder relationships
- Working in partnership with The Bookery outreach programmes including social impact evaluation & reporting
Skills & Experience
- Excellent knowledge and experience of cultural project development
- Successful track record of strategic negotiation and partnership development/working
- Successful track record of funding applications
- Track record of good budget management
- Knowledge of regional and local economic and cultural infrastructure
- Knowledge of the strategic context of literature and reading locally and nationally
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Marketing and social media skills
- Experience of successful event production and management
Responsible to: The Bookery ceo
Contract length: 3 years
Salary £30,000 pro rata 0.5FTE
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a CV & covering letter with reference to email@example.com with BOOK FESTIVAL in the subject line.
Closing date: Thursday 5 January 2023.
Interviews: Thursday 12 January, preferably in person.
We are committed to enabling access to all.
Should you have any specific access requirements please let us know.
This position is sponsored by The Old Possum’s Trust and The Bookery, Crediton.