Customer Services Assistant
Do you have a passion for customer service and looking for your next role?
The Stage Media Company is dedicated to providing up-to-date news and services for the UK’s theatre, performing arts and book publishing industry. Its two weekly titles, The Stage and The Bookseller, are established leaders within their respective fields.
The Stage Media Company Ltd is seeking a Customer Service Assistant to join its marketing team. As a Customer Service Assistant, you will be reporting to the Customer Service Manager and assisting with various administrative and customer facing duties.
Main purpose of the role:
To assist all incoming subscriptions customer service enquiries for The Bookseller and The Stage, resolving them to a high standard.
To aid the marketing team in subscription acquisition and renewals activity.
Key responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Deal with inbound subscription customer enquiries via phone, email and social media within 48 hours of receipt. This includes taking new orders, handling renewals, resolving/reporting technical issues, resolving delivery/access problems and cancellations.
- Provide a fantastic customer experience and effectively resolve all queries from subscribers. Upsell where possible and rescue potential cancellations.
- Input with ideas about how to improve customer experiences.
- Work with third party providers to provide the best service e.g. to resolve delivery problems or website/app access queries.
- Fulfil single copy orders and process replacement deliveries where necessary.
Order management – new, renewals and cancellation
- Contact and renew subscribers with subscriptions due to lapse
- Reconcile all new orders against payment systems
- Run continuous payment processes
- Contact failed payments to retake payment details
- Contact cancellations for feedback and rescue offers
- Work closely with the Customer Services Manager to maximize quality and efficiency of data on the subscription and marketing databases
- Assist with data clean up, maintenance and quality control including imports, deletions, and cleansing
- Keep up to date with relevant data protection regulations
- Continual learning through reading relevant customer service publications and other training resources
- Keep abreast of both publications’ published material
- Knowledge share on best practice
Skills required for the role:
- Previous customer service experience providing an exceptional service (essential)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (essential)
- A high level of computer literacy: PC, databases, email and internet, word processing and spreadsheets (essential)
- Previous experience within a role involving telesales responsibilities (desirable)
- Relevant experience of maintaining a database (desirable)
- Experience of working in the publishing industry (desirable)
Attributes required for the role:
- Personable, presentable and articulate
- Logical, flexible approach to problem solving
- Able to communicate complex ideas clearly in a professional and warm manner
- Able to work without supervision but also as part of a wider team
- Displays initiative, proactivity, self-confidence and drives actions forward
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to balance competing priorities
- Able to build effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- Demonstrates excellent attention to detail
- Willingness to take ownership of issues until a resolution is found
- Willingness to participate in continual learning and motivate others to learn
The deadline for applications is January 31, 2023.
We are committed to Equal Opportunities in employment and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you have a medical condition or a need for an adjustment to our process, and you believe this may affect your ability to be at your best - please let us know so we can talk about how we can best support you.