The Stage, the leading publication for the UK theatre industry, has an excellent full-time opportunity for a junior reporter to join its small but fast-paced news team.
The successful candidate will have an NCTJ qualification or similar, a flair for writing eye-grabbing copy and be able to work to tight deadlines, for both online and print. The role requires a collaborative, proactive and flexible individual who will be part of a small team and be a supportive member at all times.
The successful candidate will be highly proficient working across print and web, and will have a passion for theatre and the live arts. The successful candidate will know how to apply media law and will have a good understanding of SEO. The role will require someone who can operate in a fast-paced environment and who has an eye for accuracy and detail, and who will be able to generate off-diary content for the news sections, as well as other areas of the publication.
As junior reporter, you will be reporting to The Stage’s deputy editor.
Key responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Creating exciting, insightful and relevant editorial content for the website, newspaper and other platforms, including exclusives and off-diary content
- Meeting two daily deadlines for the website, and a weekly deadline for the print edition, and contribute to rolling news output as required
- Sourcing relevant required additional media – e.g. photos and videos
- Creating and develop industry contacts
- Representing The Stage at industry events and opening nights
The deadline for applications is Friday, May 20, 2022, with interviews to take place on Wednesday May 25.
The Stage Media Company welcomes people from a range of backgrounds, and with different perspectives. We are committed to equal opportunities in employment and encourage applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds and abilities.
Home working is supported, but the role will be based in the office for at least two days a week.
Please note we are not able to accept recruitment agency CVs for this role. Any CVs sent speculatively will not be eligible for a fee.