We are working with a lovely association supporting scholarly publishing and communication as it recruits two full time coordinators to support its growing Training and Events programmes.
The successful candidates will join a friendly home-based team, working with minimal supervision but in close liaison with colleagues.
These are customer-facing roles and require excellent communication skills, good time management, accuracy and attention to detail, as well as sound organizational skills. Candidates should be able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and familiarity with social media for marketing. Specific software training will be provided. Experience of organizing events is desirable but not essential.
Both roles will be expected to travel to attend meetings including the company's annual conference, occasional staff away days, seminars and the London Book Fair.
Conference and Events Coordinator
Work with the Conference and Events Manager and Senior Conference and Events Coordinator to deliver a growing programme of exciting events including conferences, webinars, seminars and networking. This role will also help with social media marketing and the administration of approximately 8 virtual training courses over the year.
- Working with committee members to confirm programmes
- Liaison with session chairs and speakers,
- Updating the webpages with event details
- Handling registration queries,
- Working with the Marketing Specialist to schedule related marketing
- Assisting with sponsorship administration
- Attending virtual events as a panellist to be on hand for any technical issues
- Attending face to face events, managing registration and ensuring smooth running of the meeting
Training and Mentorship Coordinator
This role will help the association extend its training provision, making it more international and accessible for all.
You will coordinate the virtual training course programme (circa 35 courses a year) and administer the mentorship scheme.
- Coordinate with tutors to ensure timely delivery of necessary information and materials to delegates, including presentations, pre-course readings, and questionnaires
- Manage pre- and post-course materials distribution, handling tasks such as sharing reading lists, sending evaluation forms, and arranging Zoom links
- Start sessions via Zoom and oversee technical support coverage with our Virtual Assistants
- Address customer queries and oversee our evaluation/feedback process.
- Occasionally engage in social media marketing as required
- Administer the mentorship program, organising calls and meetings for mentors and mentees, and handling queries from participants
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.