Turnaround Publisher Services is a leading London-based book distributor providing sales, marketing, and publicity services for publishers based in the UK and abroad, ranging from large corporates to small independent presses. Our impressive list of clients features award-winning publishers covering a dynamic range of subjects including fiction, non-fiction, art, photography, and graphic novels.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and hard-working Marketing Assistant with excellent data, communication, and tech skills. They will join our lively marketing department and work alongside the team to ensure all new titles are set up on our internal system, that data feeds are accurate, and that metadata is correct on Amazon.co.uk and other online retailers. The candidate will also work with the marketing team to help promote our publishers and their titles to the book trade, creating marketing materials such as Advance Information sheets for our sales reps, writing punchy copy, and helping the team with any relevant publicity and social media as needed.
This is an exciting entry level role and a chance for the chosen candidate to get a rare overview of all aspects of the publishing industry while working alongside some of the most important and interesting publishers out there.
Successful candidates will have:
- Experience working with databases and data.
- A high level of Excel skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail, including a high standard of copywriting and proofing.
- Good analytical skills.
- Very strong IT skills.
- The ability to multitask and work to strict deadlines with accuracy and flair.
- Experience using social networking and online media as marketing tools.
- Confidence in managing a wide range of projects and a very busy workload.
- An interest in current events, popular culture, online and print media, and a wide variety of book and comic book genres.
Closing date: Friday 30th September 2022 at 5pm.
Starting salary is £24,500 pa, rising to £25,000 pa after a 3-month probationary period.
Please email your CV, Covering Letter, current salary and notice period to the attention of Eleanor McHugh-Jewell at Marketing@turnaround-uk.com.
Due to the high volume of applications received, unsuccessful applicants are unlikely to receive a reply.