If you are looking for a senior sales position and have a background in commercial book retail sales and a strong understanding of the UK and European market, this UK Sales & Marketing Director contract would be a great opportunity to bring your management and customer focused approach to lead and support the UK office of a publishing sales and marketing services provider in central London. This is a maternity cover contract, ideally starting mid-October for 10 months.
- Provide strategic leadership for the London office and oversee sales in the UK and Europe
- Create and implement strategic sales and marketing plans for print and digital sales in order to achieve maximum profitability and growth
- Compile sales targets and provide regular forecasting, sales analysis and market insight to head office and publishers
- Identify key titles and sales opportunities across client publishing lists
- Direct the UK and European publishing programme, including projections, stock transfers, and creating local UK editions
- Responsible for sales to Amazon UK and main contact for the UK & Europe market
Experience / skills required:
- A strong sales background in the publishing industry at director level
- A proven track record of successfully managing high performing teams
- Target-driven with excellent customer relationship management abilities and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative approach to client and internal communication
- Strong market knowledge in the area of adult nonfiction and a passion for independent publishing
- Experience selling into both UK and European key accounts and specifically selling into Amazon UK
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Clare Chan
Tel: 0203 574 4428
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion.