Customer Support and Fulfilment Coordinator
Industry – Publishing/Crowdfunding
Unbound is a uniquely innovative, award-winning and rapidly growing publishing platform. We bring a community of book lovers together with a diverse range of creative talent from established literary names to bloggers, journalists, YouTube stars, designers and artists. All our titles are crowdfunded by an audience passionate about making them available to the general reader.
The Customer Support and Fulfilment Coordinator is an exciting and varied customer-facing role in which the candidate will be the first point of contact for our customers and will own the customer experience throughout the crowdfunding process, as well as managing the delivery of books and crowdfunding rewards to our customers.
Reporting to the General Manager (Finance & Operations), you will be responsible for a critical component of the Unbound business model, putting your stamp on the customer journey and working alongside the wider Unbound team to ensure the customer is at the forefront of what we do.
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, adaptable and organised individual who is passionate about the customer and will go the extra mile to offer the best service. Our ideal candidate will be happy working autonomously as well as working well with the wider business. They will also be a great communicator, enjoy problem solving and happy to roll up their sleeves and take a proactive approach to all tasks undertaken.
Unbound is committed to making book publishing a more diverse and representative industry so we would particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and other minority ethnic candidates.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Advocate for the customer within all areas of the business
- Be the first point of contact for our customers’ queries, online and over the phone
- Solve customer issues and identify patterns to improve the customer experience and the efficiency of the customer support workflows
- Liaise with relevant departments to develop new processes or product improvements to address the root cause of customer issues
- Keep the wider business up to date with all developments affecting the customer journey with regular project updates and fulfilment communications
- Be responsible for the crowdfunding reward fulfilment critical path including: o Managing the subscriber edition distribution schedule to deliver all pledge rewards and experiences to customers ahead of publication
- Creating merchandise design briefs and placing merchandise orders
- Managing fulfilment budgets and owning supplier relationships
- Liaising with authors to organise book signings, owning signing logistics including accompanying authors at the warehouse and assist with reward level fulfilment
- Organising live and online subscriber events
- Manage the relationship with our external fulfilment partner
- Control stock levels of published books available via the Unbound site
Key relationships for the role
- Editorial and Production; keeping informed regarding delivery of projects and production schedules
- Commissioning and Crowdfunding; liaising on reward levels at the point of commissioning, reward fulfilment and stretch goals
- Product and development; identifying process improvements and solving issues raised by the customer
- Finance; managing crowdfunding fulfilment and events within budgets and communicating on timeline for purchasing and dispatch
The Ideal Candidate
- Has a minimum of two years’ experience in a customer-facing role, ideally with experience in logistics, distribution or event management
- Has experience using customer-service software such as Intercom or Zendesk
- Sociable, friendly and charismatic
- Is curious, tech savvy and a natural problem solver
- Has a passion for customer service and is willing to go the extra mile
- Is self-driven and able to work autonomously, while also being collaborative within a team
- Is enthusiastic and adaptable
- Is able to work well under pressure
- Is organised and capable of meeting deadlines while juggling various projects at once
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for books is a bonus
Salary £30k per annum.
To apply send an email including your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org entitled ‘Customer Support and Fulfilment Coordinator’.
Closing Date: 2nd May 2021