Digital Marketing Assistant
Industry – Publishing/Crowdfunding/Digital Marketing
Unbound is a publishing house for the modern age. Our direct-to-consumer crowdfunding model takes the best elements of the traditional publishing industry and combines them with the power of digital community. The Unbound digital platform brings together authors, editors and our readers to collaborate and communicate, allowing us to commission and publish uniquely creative and courageous books that break the mould, share important stories and put a dent in the universe.
Reporting to the Head of Community, the successful candidate will be creating campaigns across key digital platforms including email, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok. You will be working with our internal editorial team to identify key selling points for books and creating a mixture of campaigns that leverage the built-in audiences of our authors, the core Unbound reading audience, and working with influencers to drive traffic to Unbound’s site for sales.
You will be at the frontline of Unbound’s crowdfunding efforts, working with the Commissioning Team on pre-launch preparation, and working directly with our authors to create innovative campaigns to ensure they meet their funding targets and get their books published. You will also maintain Unbound’s ongoing communications channels across social and email.
You will be responsible for a full lifecycle of creating campaigns, building or commissioning assets, driving engagement and reporting on results across all platforms.
This is a fantastic opportunity to bring your energy, ideas and creative flair to a role, whilst developing your marketing skills in a unique, forward-thinking business.
- Working with the Head of Community to devise exciting ways to promote our books online
- Work with authors to guide on social media execution
- Work with external influencers to generate paid and organic support for each project
- Copywriting and art asset generation for key platforms, bearing in mind best practice optimisation
- Creating scroll-stopping assets for social media including short-form video content for Instagram Reels and TikTok
- Management of Unbound’s own marketing channels including the Twitter account, email newsletter and CRM system, using those channels to amplify our authors to reach bigger audiences.
- Manage tracking, reporting, and optimise conversion across campaigns and implement learnings for new campaigns
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in growth or consumer digital marketing with a proven track record of delivering results
- Strong understanding of key social media platforms and the trends and content formats that drive engagement
- Ability to manage and report on campaigns with superior analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build a strong rapport across all levels
- Experience of account/client management
- Proven knowledge of online marketing techniques and campaign management
- Natural aptitude for social media content creation
- Must be able to work without close supervision and have the initiative to deal with problems as they arise or refer them to supervisor for further investigation
- Experience in publishing industry a plus
Salary £25k per annum.
To apply send an email including your CV to email@example.com entitled ‘Digital Marketing Assistant’
Closing Date: 9 April 2023