Industry – Publishing/Crowdfunding
Unbound is a uniquely innovative, award-winning and rapidly growing publishing platform. We bring a community of book lovers together with a diverse range of creative talent from established literary names to bloggers, journalists, YouTube stars, designers and artists. All our titles are crowdfunded by an audience passionate about making them available to the general reader.
We are looking for an energetic, organised and eagle-eyed editorial assistant to assist our head of editorial with the efficient running of the department and support our team of project editors working on Unbound’s exciting and wide-ranging list of fiction, non-fiction and illustrated titles.
Unbound are a small and passionate team. We are looking for an adaptable, proactive individual who is happy to roll up their sleeves and take a collaborative approach to all tasks undertaken. We are committed to making book publishing a more diverse and representative industry so we would particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and other ethnic minority candidates.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Accurate maintenance of bibliographic data and the publishing schedule
- Copywriting and proofreading of cover artwork
- Accurate checking of text corrections
- Proofreading of marketing materials including weekly newsletter
- Quality control of eBooks
- Liaising with authors, agents and freelancers
- General editorial administrative assistance
Key Skills Required
- Previous publishing experience is not essential – the role offers an opportunity to learn about all aspects of editorial and book production
- Highly articulate, both verbally and in writing
- Sociable, friendly and a team player; enthusiastic and adaptable
- Meticulously organised and works well to deadlines
- A passion for books and a desire to develop a career in publishing
Salary: £23k per annum.
To apply send an email including your CV to email@example.com entitled ‘Editorial Assistant’.
Closing Date: 11 July 2021