Based in canal side offices in Hoxton, Unbound is a uniquely innovative, award-winning and rapidly growing publishing platform. We bring a community of book lovers together with a diverse range of creative talent from established literary names to bloggers, journalists, YouTube stars, designers and graphic novelists. All our titles are crowdfunded by an audience passionate about making them available to the general reader.
Unbound is committed to making book publishing a more diverse and representative industry so we would particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian or other minority ethnic candidates
Reporting to the General Manager (Finance & Operations) the successful candidate will support the finance function across the company from inputting invoices to producing the month end reports. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your accounting skills in a unique, forward thinking business evolving its business model in the exciting worlds of both Crowdfunding & Publishing. We are looking for an adaptable, proactive individual with high attention to detail. You’ll be happy rolling up your sleeves with an outward facing approach to all tasks undertaken. This will help to ensure the finance team supports the wider business on a day to day basis.
There will be regular engagement with staff across all departments, resolving queries with purchase invoices and employee expense submissions.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Prepare the month end management accounts and balance sheet reconciliations and maintain the fixed asset register, prepayment and accruals schedules
- Assisting with preparation and distribution of the bi-annual ‘Author Profit Statements’
- Maintaining the purchase ledger ensuring accuracy and completeness on a weekly and monthly basis
- Preparing the weekly payment run in the bank
- Assist the implementation and management of companywide Purchase Order process
- Reconciling all credit card and expense receipts submitted electronically by employees across the company
- Reconcile all bank accounts on a weekly basis including PayPal and Stripe
- Produce all ad-hoc sales invoices relating to sale of books and rights income, and managing cash collection to ensure debtors are collected on time
- Any other ad-hoc tasks
Must have qualifications and Software Experience
- Studied Accounting, Finance or Business during post-school education (e.g. AAT, CIMA, ACCA, Bachelors Degree)
- Minimum 12 months experience in a finance role
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build a strong rapport across all levels
- Must be able to work without close supervision and have the initiative to deal with problems as they arise or refer them to supervisor for further investigation
- Good MS Office skills, including advanced Excel
- SME experience
- Xero accounting softwar
- Experience of cloud-based expense / purchasing management software
To apply send an email including your CV to email@example.com with the role title in the subject line.