Industry – Publishing/Crowdfunding
Unbound is a uniquely innovative, award-winning and rapidly growing publishing platform. We bring a community of book lovers together with a diverse range of creative talent from established literary names to bloggers, journalists, YouTube stars, designers and artists. All our titles are crowdfunded by an audience passionate about making them available to the general reader.
Unbound are a small and passionate team. We are committed to making book publishing a more diverse and representative industry so we would particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian or other minority ethnic candidates.
Reporting to the General Manager (Finance & Operations) the successful candidate will be the lead finance contact for the Unbound team and our suppliers. This is a fantastic opportunity to utilise your accounting skills in a unique, forward thinking business evolving its business model in the exciting worlds of both Crowdfunding & Publishing.
We are looking for a curious, adaptable, proactive individual with high attention to detail. You will be happy rolling up your sleeves with an outward facing approach to all tasks undertaken.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Prepare the month end management accounts and balance sheet reconciliations and maintain the fixed asset register, prepayment and accruals schedules
- Assisting with preparation and distribution of the bi-annual ‘Author Profit Statements’
- Leading on finance aspects of budgeting and forecasting processes
- Provide management information and ad-hoc analysis
- Interrogate supporter data to identify customer trends to enable smarter business decisions
- Process AP invoices (approx. 25 per week) and manage weekly pay run
- Any other ad-hoc tasks
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in an analytical finance role
- Part-qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ICAEW)
- Good MS Office skills, including advanced Excel.
- SME and/or publishing experience
- Xero accounting software
- Experience of cloud-based expense / purchasing management software
- SQL experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- Ability to build a strong rapport across all levels
- Must be confident to take a lead role in finance related processes, and work without close supervision
- Initiative to deal with problems as they arise or refer them to supervisor for further investigation
- A passion for books
Salary up to £30k depending on experience.
To apply send an email including your CV to email@example.com entitled 'Finance Analyst'
Closing Date: 31 July 2021