(Senior) Editorial Assistant x 2
Bristol University Press (BUP) and its imprint Policy Press (PP) is looking to appoint two Editorial Assistants (EA) or Senior Editorial Assistants (SEA) to join the commissioning team. They will each work primarily with two Commissioning Editors across various lists, such as Criminology, Law, Children, Young People and Families, Social Work and Social Policy. These areas sit under both the Policy Press and Bristol University Press imprints and publish scholarly trade titles, research monographs, textbooks, Research Shorts and practitioner texts.
What will you be doing?
The EA/SEA is mainly responsible for:
- Overseeing the proposal and contracted typescript peer review processes.
- Preparing internal book project paperwork, including financial costings.
- Liaising with authors and series editors to ensure the timely delivery of manuscripts.
- Maintaining database records and running reports.
- Undertaking market research and analysing findings (SEA).
- Providing other administrative support to the commissioning team.
You should apply if:
- Experience in an administrative role, preferably within publishing.
- Proven ability to juggle priorities and work with little day-to-day supervision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Video Conferencing (Teams/Zoom).
- Attention to detail, with strong organisational skills and the ability to plan and prioritise a busy workload.
- Knowledge of the publishing process and industry knowledge of the publishing process and industry, or an ability to acquire it quickly.
The Press will appoint at either EA (Grade E) or SEA (Grade F) level based on demonstrable skills and experience. Please indicate which level you would like to be considered for.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Press and a key role in maintaining high-quality standards for our products and our excellent author service.
For informal queries, please contact Mayble Pitt on email@example.com
We welcome applications from all members of our community and are particularly encouraging those from diverse groups, such as members of the LGBT+ and BAME communities, to join us.
Closing date: 26 June 2022.