We are looking for an Editor to join our busy Publishing department. In this role, you will project manage and deliver titles across the list, with a particular focus on the exhibition programme. You will have extensive experience of publishing art and illustrated books, ideally including exhibition publishing, strong editorial and project management skills and a keen eye for design.
This is a fixed term (maternity cover) role for 13 months
Part time (29 hours per week)
Closing date for applications is 3 December at 23.59
Interviews are likely to be held the week of 11 December
The V&A is the world’s leading museum of art and design, housing a permanent collection of over 2.8 million objects, books and archives that span over 5,000 years of human creativity. The museum holds many of the UK's national collections and houses some of the greatest resources for the study of architecture, furniture, fashion, textiles, photography, sculpture, painting, jewellery, glass, ceramics, book arts, Asian art and design, theatre and performance.
Our mission is to be recognised as the world's leading museum of art, design and performance, and to enrich people's lives by promoting research, knowledge and enjoyment of the designed world to the widest possible audience. We strive to make the V&A matter to more people and in that context we work to the following six strategic objectives:
- To create a world class visitor and learning experience across all V&A sites and collections.
- Focus and deepen the relevance of our collections to the UK creative and knowledge economy.
- Expand the V&A's international reach, reputation and impact.
- To operate with financial and organisational initiative and efficiency.
- Showcase the best of digital design and deliver an outstanding digital experience.
- Diversify and increase private and commercial funding sources.
At the V&A, we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) for all and strive to go above and beyond public duty placed upon us by the Equality Act 2010. As such, we are delighted to share that we are a Disability Confident Employer Level 2. The V&A makes the following commitments to all applications:
- The Guaranteed Interview Scheme – Interviewing applicants with a disability who successfully evidence the essential criteria on a person specification and consider them on their abilities;
- Providing an inclusive and accessible recruitment process.
- Making reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process so disabled job applicants have the best opportunity to demonstrate that they can do the job.
- Supporting employees and adjustments during employment.