Client Support Analyst
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience plus benefits
Virtusales is the market leader for publishing software used by book publishers and content providers globally. Our Biblio3, BiblioLIVE and BiblioDAM publishing systems run the processes for many prominent publishers including Penguin Random House, Hachette UK, Macmillan Publishers, Bloomsbury, Oxford University Press, Harvard University Press, Bonnier, Capstone, Walker Books & Candlewick Press, and a large number of quality independents at home and abroad.
As a Client Support Analyst, you will work closely with leading publishers across the world and support them in their use of the system. You will be responsible for working alongside our team of developers and publishing specialists to progress enquiries and requests for system development from initial investigation to resolution, whilst building and maintaining strong relationships with our customers.
The position would suit a bright and highly motivated candidate, ideally with experience in publishing and the Biblio suite of software. Previous experience in a customer-facing role, a logical mindset and an enthusiasm for problem solving are also essential.
Day-to-day tasks will vary and develop in this role as you build your system and industry knowledge, and develop a greater understanding of our customers’ processes.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Being the first point of contact for our customers, and working to resolve and advise on queries
- Taking ownership of enquiries and development requests, whilst liaising with colleagues and customers to achieve solutions
- Recording webcasts to demonstrate new features of the software
- Maintaining online help and training materials
- Training publishers either face-to-face or remotely on how to use new features or areas of the system they need further guidance on
- Supporting new project implementations and account management activities
- Contributing to company-wide software testing, and therefore continuously learning about, and keeping up to date with, new functionality and developments released to our clients in regular updates every 10 weeks
- Tenacity, determination and the character to persevere in finding a solution
- The ability to learn new software quickly with a combination of learning on the job and utilising available training resources
- A strong eye for detail, the initiative to question ideas and put forward their own suggestions to improve changes to the software
- Excellent communication skills, an understanding of the audience being spoken to, and ability to adapt and express technical concepts as required
- A real desire to learn, to become a key member of the team and company alike, and a willingness to grasp all opportunities to help enhance their knowledge
- A sense of ownership and the ability to work independently using their own initiative as well as part of a close team
The role is currently home based in the UK, with home/office working arrangements to be reviewed once COVID-19 restrictions are eased.
As a global employer, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. Virtusales rewards productivity with good pay, excellent conditions and an informal working atmosphere; Virtusales' emphasis is on modern management techniques, a flat hierarchy and flexible working hours to get the very best from our team.
Strictly no agencies, please.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com