Virtusales is the market leader for book publishing systems and a successful software provider to publishers globally. Our Biblio3, BiblioLIVE and BiblioDAM publishing systems run the processes for many prominent publishers including Penguin Random House, Hachette UK, Macmillan, Bloomsbury, Harvard University Press, Oxford University Press, Candlewick Press and a large number of quality independents at home and abroad.
We’re looking for an experienced rights specialist to support our sales and marketing teams. Collaborating with colleagues to identify new potential customers, qualifying and nurturing them into a position where they are ready to buy, enabling the relevant person to close the deal.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communication and working closely with regional offices in North America and Europe. There is unlikely to be a typical day, but regular responsibilities will include:
- Qualifying enquiries by understanding the prospect’s goals, role and business needs.
- Sourcing meetings with qualified leads (in person, phone or web demos) for relevant sales people.
- Following up on leads from digital campaigns, events, etc.
- Attending trade shows and conferences.
- Working in Salesforce to create email nurture programs, segmented lists and campaign assets—including emails, blogs and landing pages.
This is a fantastic opportunity with a company that is setting the pace in publishing software and will suit someone with:
- A solid knowledge / understanding of publishing, ideally with specific experience in rights sales or working for an academic publisher.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills, with the ability to create strong relationships, as you’ll be working and liaising with individuals at all levels across the entire business and client portfolio.
- Resourcefulness, diligence and a proactive approach to generating ideas and plans, working to create new business opportunities.
- A collaborative nature who enjoys working as part of a team and has a sense of ownership to see projects through to a successful completion.
The full time, permanent role is currently home based in the UK, with home/office working arrangements to be reviewed once COVID-19 restrictions are eased.
As a global employer, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. Virtusales rewards productivity with good pay, excellent conditions and an informal working atmosphere, with an emphasis on modern management techniques, a flat hierarchy and flexible working hours to get the very best from our team.
Salary: £40-45k, dependent on experience plus benefits including pension and bonus.
If you are interested in this position please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com