Special Sales Executive
The Walker Books Group is one of the world’s leading publishers of books and content for children. Walker Books UK is part of the vibrant international Group that includes Candlewick Press in America, Walker Books Australia and Walker Productions.
Renowned for its truly original publishing and outstanding quality, the Walker Books Group is home to a huge range of children's and young adult books. A few examples of the award-winning authors and illustrators for the group include Angie Thomas, Sydney Smith, M.T Anderson, Patrick Ness, Jon Klassen and many more! The major brands for the group are Maisy, We're Going on a Bear Hunt, Guess How Much I Love You, Tilly and Friends, the widely acclaimed Judy Moody and the bestselling Where’s Wally/Where’s Waldo.
The Special Sales Executive will be responsible for sales into numerous Special Sales accounts including the Bookclub and Subscription channel and other key areas of new business. They will also be a key point of contact internally and will play an important supporting role to the Head of Special Sales particularly in the day-to-day running of the department, including checking and processing of orders, maintaining records of invoicing and playing an important role in regular internal meetings.
- Creating presentations and presenting at customer meetings
- Leading internal Special Sales meetings, including agenda setting and minute taking
- Order processing and stock reservations
- Customer re-orders: checking stock, unit costs and liaising with stock control
- Providing sales support for all Special Sales customers, including raising Print Instructions in Biblio3
- Maintain/update the Special Sales Budget Forecast Grid
- Liaising with Production/Distributor to progress orders and deliveries and to ensure that books are invoiced on time
- Researching backlist opportunities and working closely with department head on backlist and new product development
- Creating reports
- Checking permissions and royalties
- Good understanding of MS Excel (Publishing Systems not vital but useful)
- Confident communicator
- Ability to work as part of a team while demonstrating initiative and creative thinking
- Ability to work under pressure and manage a busy workload
- Methodical and organised with an eye for detail
- A passion for children’s books
What you’ll receive?
- Competitive Salary
- 22 days holiday (plus bank holidays and 1 day extra per year)
- Health Insurance
- Enhanced Pension
- Life Assurance
- Plus other great benefits!
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to this principle and providing a safe and supportive work environment.