SENIOR COMMS EXECUTIVE
Welbeck Publishing Group is an exciting, fast-growing independent publisher based in London, dedicated to publishing only the very best and most commercial books spanning a number of genres and categories, from leading authors and well-known brands to debut talent. We live for books that entertain, excite and enhance the lives of readers around the world.
From building our boutique fiction and narrative non-fiction lists to shaping our world-renowned illustrated reference, gift and children’s titles, our aim is to be a market-leader in every category in which we publish. Our books and products come to life for adults, children, and families in 30 languages in more than 60 countries around the world, selling through a variety of traditional and non-traditional channels. We are constantly looking for new ways to deliver our exceptional content and new ideas to inspire readers and listeners everywhere.
We are looking for a self-starting, enthusiastic and creative Comms professional to join a fast-growing independent publisher based in Central London. This established hybrid role allows the successful candidate to utilise their Communications skills across an eclectic range of Adult Fiction and Non-Fiction titles.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, the successful candidate must have a strong working knowledge of planning, briefing, booking, executing, and evaluating Marketing Campaigns and there is also scope for them to improve their traditional and digital PR skillset. The role encourages autonomy in being creative and adventurous with Comms campaigns across all Adult divisions.
- Creating outstanding, unmissable and cost-effective Marketing campaigns across a range of titles including sell-in, proof and NetGalley management, paid-for advertising, influencer outreach, 3rd party partnerships, content placement and agency collaboration etc.
- Establishing and growing relationships with influencers and partners across all channels
- Managing and maintaining author, agent and internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Working with the Comms Assistant to leverage Welbeck’s social media accounts during campaigns
- Effectively briefing designers to create eye-catching Comms materials
- Supporting the team with author pitches
- Supporting the PR Director on a variety of tasks including pitching feature ideas, writing press releases, assembling pitch lists, mailings and updating stakeholders
- Liaising with International team members on asset and information sharing
- Overseeing advance orders of published titles, restock of marketing materials and website updates
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- At least 2 years Marketing experience, ideally in a publishing capacity
- Good understanding of traditional media and social media landscapes
- Confidence in managing relationships with project stakeholders and senior team members
- Experience with social media platforms including Instagram, Twitter and TikTok within a business context
- Proficiency in Google Sheets, Slides and Documents and equivalent Mac/Windows programmes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Competitive salary offered (available upon request).
To apply for this opportunity, please send an up-to-date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line SENIOR COMMS EXEC