Senior Project Manager
The leading creative publishing agency, whitefox, is seeking a Senior Project Manager (full-time) to join the team. You’ll work closely with both the in-house team of Project Managers and Editorial Directors and with a broader pool of freelancers, authors and agents.
We’re looking for an experienced project manager who can work with enthusiasm, initiative and flexibility as well as being comfortable working independently. You will be overseeing multiple projects, managing budgets and outlining project costings, timelines and workflow, creating pitches and publishing proposals and providing external supplier and client care. You will have a full understanding of the editorial, production and print process and the ability, within a given project brief, to make necessary decisions to ensure books are produced in line with agreed budget and schedule. You will have expertise in dealing with multiple digital publishing platforms necessary to build wide and deep discoverability and be accustomed to overseeing print, ebook and audiobook production.
- Operational oversight of ongoing projects for clients, through editorial, design, print and production stages
- Create pitches and proposals, outline project costings, timelines and workflow
- Help develop and create new IP across physical and digital titles to be published independently
- Negotiate project contracts and draw up agreement letters
- Supervise budgets of individual titles and monitor spend in line with P&L sign-off
- Devise and manage production schedules for multiple clients; provide regular status updates
- Adhere to best practice processes and guidelines for services to help strengthen, maintain and further develop a standardised workflow and increase efficiencies
- Create and manage title metadata via Nielsen; write cover copy; create Author Central profiles
- Manage and coordinate allocation of work to appropriate freelancers, negotiate fees and monitor spend; project margin oversight and analysis; manage invoice payables and receivables
- Ensure the consistent high quality of work performed by freelancers; help to build freelance database
- Coordinate external marketing and PR agency partners to deliver campaign goals
- Oversee ebook conversions, audiobook production; set up author ebook, POD and audio distribution accounts.
This is a crucial role in the development of our business, and we are looking for someone who is able to work autonomously and thrive under pressure. In return, you’ll have the opportunity to join a fast-growing market leader in creative publishing services, working with individuals, businesses and brands across a range of adult and children’s trade titles. If you have experience in end-to-end project management of physical and digital book production, steering books from manuscript to publication, and are accustomed to working to tight schedules, then we’d love to hear from you.
The offices are based in Highbury in north London. Flexible working is available, but the role is office-based to enable interaction and collaboration with colleagues across our team.
If this opportunity sounds of interest, please send your CV and a covering letter along with your salary expectations to Julia Koppitz, Editorial Director at email@example.com.