A leading global publisher of books on art, architecture, design, fashion, photography, travel and popular culture is looking for a Commissioning Editor, with a passion for art, to join their team. With a strong commercial focus, collaborative approach, and an art-history background you will be responsible for commissioning and creating some of the most popular and wide-reaching art surveys.
- Identifying commercially attractive ideas for art surveys and taking them through the acquisition process
- Sourcing and commissioning a team of contributors
- Project managing the books, working closely with in-house teams and freelancers as necessary
- Working partnership with the Editorial, Design and Production teams to ensure your books are created on time and within budget
- Liaising with the Marketing and Sales teams to help your projects exceed their potential
With demonstrable experience managing complex projects you are able to identify and bring together contributors (from global advisory panels to text writers, consultant editors, artists and more) to take a book from idea to finished copies. As an agile communicator you are confident building relationships, working within a team as well as with autonomy. You will have knowledge of illustrated publishing in the visual arts, with a keen eye for the details.
For more information about this role please send your CV to, firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Wonderful we are dedicated to promoting diversity in all its forms. We are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment that promotes equal opportunities for wonderful people to discover interesting and dynamic roles in the entertainment industry. We actively encourage candidates from under-represented groups to apply and warmly welcome all individuals with exceptional abilities, irrespective of their background.