A leading publisher of illustrated books on visual arts, history, fashion, popular culture, and lifestyle books and gifts is seeking an experienced and commercially minded Contracts Executive to join their team. As part of a growing team you will work on a wide range of contractual and rights issues across the international group.
Your primary responsibilities will involve reviewing, drafting and negotiating; for the Commissioning Editors with author and contributor contracts and addenda, for the Rights and Acquisition team’s licenses, and bulk-sale agreements, and sales and distribution agreement with third parties for the Sales Department. As part of a creative, friendly and collaborative team there will be times you assist the Contracts Manager, draft terms and conditions for social media giveaways, and support the Permissions team.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience in the Legal, Contracts or Rights Department
- Solid knowledge of contracts, copyright and royalty structures
- Understanding of co-edition publishing
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel, and database systems
- Excellent command of English spelling and grammar, and a meticulous eye for detail
- An agile communicator comfortable liaising with colleagues and external third-parties
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Profit share scheme
- Interest-free loan for rent deposit or season travel ticket
- Generous pension contributions
- Employee Assistance Program
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Film Club
At Wonderful Recruitment we provide opportunities for candidates to discover some of the most interesting and dynamic roles in the entertainment industry. For more information about this role please send your CV to Kaylee - firstname.lastname@example.org.