Are you a talented and creative designer looking for a new challenge? Do you know your way around Adobe Creative Suite and Cloud? Are you regularly inspired by what is new and different?
A leading UK publisher is looking for a book designer to join their trend and licensing-focused imprint. You will be responsible for designing a diverse range of high-quality formats for all ages, including fiction, non-fiction, picture books and gift books. You will also collaborate with several high-profile partners, including licensors from global entertainment brands and social media influencers.
In addition to being a fantastic designer, you will have excellent organisational skills, experience with people management, the ability to maintain schedules and meet deadlines and liaise closely with the editorial, sales and production teams to ensure that all projects are delivered on time and to the highest standard. As part of the close-knit team you will bring a positive and proactive in approach, with a finger on the pulse of what is new and trending.
- Guide and coordinate the books in line with the creative briefs, making sure all files are coordinated through the correct design approval workflow for the team.
- Research, brief, layout, art edit and sign-off on a wide range of books across different formats and novelties.
- Make sure all files are to the technical accuracy required and to the design quality during all stages – final files, plotter and advance stages.
- Research and suggest ideas for the future publishing list, showing awareness of marketplace and pop culture trends.
- Project-manage books in partnership with Editorial and Production.
- Liaise with and manage 3rd-party contributors, including packagers, illustrators and other freelance agents that are needed to create a project.
- Problem-solve and/or escalate problems in the correct manner and in good time to allow schedules to be hit.
Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent technical skills in key software (Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud)
- Experience managing illustrators, photographers, designers and agents
- In addition to being a fantastic designer, you will have excellent organisational skills, experience with people management, the ability to maintain schedules and meet deadlines and liaise closely with the editorial, sales and production teams to ensure that all projects are delivered on time and to the highest standard
At Wonderful Recruitment we provide opportunities for candidates to discover some of the most interesting and dynamic roles in the industry. For more information about this role please send your CV and portfolio PDF to Charlotte - firstname.lastname@example.org